Thursday 10 May 2012

Challenge: Structures

Another birthday party with friends.  Leslie hosted and we had 'high tea' with fancy sandwiches and goodies.  We decided that parties are not just for kids!
 
Leslie, our gracious hostess!

Inga, the birthday girl ...
 We also have an art making session.  
I developed one of my pieces into an ongoing challenge for April = STRUCTURES.
I used a technique of: painting on parchment with Jaquard Luminescent paints, topping with Misty Fuse, a layer of sheer and another layer of parchment and you press from the back.The paint transfers to the misty fuse which is now bonded to the sheer.
I layered that on hand dye and topped it with a sheer that has large scale handwriting. A little machine stitching and I have a piece that shows the translucency of glass (sort of).

No comments: