Sunday 28 February 2010

Sunshine Coast or Misty Shores?

Some people find rain to be depressing. It has it's own haunting beauty on the West Coast of B.C. At the end of January, we travelled up to the Sunshine Coast. The view below is looking up to Squamish. It is an hour+ ferry trip from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver to the little town of Gibsons. I didn't take many photos, I was there to do a quilt guild presentation ... to a wonderful group of ladies. When I looked at the photos, I thought I would share a few.
These are the Trail Islands, outside of Sechelt. When I was a teenager, my family camped in this area for years. Later, we often stayed with friends, in a house overlooking these islands ... good memories.
There are many small bays with names such as Smuggler's Cove, Halfmoon Bay, Secret and Buccaneer Bay.
And ... the temperatures are mild enough in this area to have thriving palm trees (not native). I'm not sure what this was, but it was a nice touch of colour.

3 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Ahhh, Beautiful BC...great pictures Vivian.

Gloria said...

Gorgeous shots, Vivian!

I miss that part of the coast!

Would love to go back there someday!

Vivien Zepf said...

You may not have taken many pictures, but these are all fantastic! What a glorious shoreline!