Sunday 13 September 2009

Abstract Challenge 2009 09 Shoes

This month's theme for the Abstract Challenge is SHOES.I thought of shoes to protect the feet, as a fashion symbol to draw attention and shoes to torture women's feet! I learned from my niece that wearing a high heels to the grade 7 party is a necessity. It was a nice little sandal and she wore it with grace - she is a dancer. How much younger will the 'sexy' look go?
I looked on the web for a high fashion shoe and printed it on red fabric. I added a little silver paint for glitz and a cord for design. The background stitching is stars and hearts. It seems that young girls have stars in their eyes and wear their style on their feet.
Although we don't like to admit it, we do judge people by what they wear and fashion shoes seem to be very important these days. The guys seriously follow the sports runner fashion. I've heard of men on their wedding day who wear runners!
Is our confidence tied to the foot look?

1 comment:

comicbooklady said...

Ha! nothing like plantar fasciitis to cure the love affair with high heels!