Thursday 31 January 2019

Dream

Where I Dream - Vivian Kapusta - Come walk with me ...

Come walk with me ... into the forest! Trees tower overhead, a stream collects last night's rain and runs by at our feet. Breath in the air - fragrant and moist. The sun breaks through the trees, warming the ground ... giving life to all plants and creatures. Listen to the birds ... calling to tell the other forest creatures that humans have invaded their world!

I've loved the forest as long as I can remember, the earth soft with needles, the hush ... pushing away the noise of people and their machines. Come, sit by the stream and dream!




My fabrics are my hand dye (except for the rocks). A little yarn gives a fuzzy ground cover. I like to use variegated threads to give a natural color shift.





No comments: