Sunday 30 October 2011

Abstract Challenge 2011 May - Memories

The Purple People Eater's Grand-Daughter
The theme was: Memory
This was fun to make! 
I started thinking about songs that played when I was a teenager - happy memories. They were full of melody and ‘the beat’. Some were fun and funny. I thought about ‘The Purple People Eater’ and thought, hmm… there must be a grand-daughter by now!

So, I made my impression of who she would be. She would be cute and fashionable, still loving Rock & Role music. But, this time, there is a quilt fairy who tells her that it is not nice to eat prople … because, she might accidentally eat a quilter! That would not be good. So the Purple People Eater’s Grand-Daughter decided to become vegetarian!


Purple People Eater   The original song:
Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye.
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple eater to me!
Chorus 1: It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me !
Well he came down to earth and he lit in a tree
I said Mr. Purple People Eater, don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
I wouldn't eat you cuz you're so tough!
Repeat chorus
I said Mr. Purple People Eater, what's your line
He said it's eatin' purple people and it sure is fine.
But that's not the reason that I came to land
I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band!
Chorus 2: Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flyin' purple people eater,
Pigeon-toed, undergrowed, flyin' purple people eater
(We wear short shorts)
Flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me!
And then he swung from the tree and he lit on the ground
He started to rock, really rockin' around,
It was a crazy ditty with a swingin' tune
Sing a boop boop aboopa lopa lum bam boom!
Repeat chorus 2
And then he went on his way, and then what do ya know
I saw him last night on a TV show
He was blowing it out, a'really knockin' em dead
Playin' rock and roll music through the horn in his head!

You can hear the song by Sheb Wooley:

No comments: