Saturday 11 June 2011

CQA/ACC National Juried Show 2011 in London

The Quilt Canada Conference in London Ontario was a huge success! The Local Organizing Committee did a fabulous job of organizing all the details of running the show and conference!

You can see the National Juried Show Winners at:
http://www.canadianquilter.com/photo-gallery/national-jury-show-2011.php
Note that you can click on the photo and go to 'next' for close ups.

The Trend-Tex Challenge winners are at:
http://www.canadianquilter.com/photo-gallery/trend-tex-quilters-challenge-2011.php
My Piece: Golden Shadows
The challenge fabric is donated by Trend-Tex Fabrics, kits with 5 fat quarters are sold by CQA/ACC. The challenge is to make a small quilt from the 5 fabrics. The quilt is then donated to CQA/ACC for silent auction at the Conference. This is a major fundraiser and CQA/ACC thanks Trend-Tex Fabrics for it's continued sponsorship!

Enjoy~
PS ... I have completed 3 years as secretary/publicist and turned over my job to Laine Canivet! I enjoyed the experience, meeting quilters from 'shore to shore'! I've always believed that when you belong to an organization and enjoy the benefits, you should volunteer!

1 comment:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Beautiful!! Wow. I drew a blank when I saw those colors presented at guild : ) I wanted to invite you to a WIP Wednesday Link up party i fyou are interested. I'm just starting it and inviting all the Canadian fibre artists I can find. I thought it would make a nice community. ALso, my work doesn't fit other WIP Wednesday blogs as they tend to be strictly quilts. thanks!
Monika in Saskatoon
the link up will be here:
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/