Friday 1 June 2012

CQA/ACC

I completed my board position as secretary in the CQA/ACC last year. One last task was to complete a quilt to be presented to Johanna Alford who had filled the positions of: vice president, president and past president. Johanna had lived on the west coast and now makes Halifax, Nova Scotia her home. She spent 4+ years and countless hours overseeing policies and events.
The title is 'Coast to Coast Quilter'. I made the seagull block ... Johanna likes seagulls and the other blocks were made by CQA/ACC past and present members: Jackie Philpott, Cindy Simpson, Laine Canivet, Joyce O'Connell, Judy Kelly, Marsha Cleveland and Karen Menzies.

When I left the Board, I recieved a banner that now tops my design board ... a great memory for the 3 years I spent working on the Board and meeting quilters, from coast to coast!

No comments: