Monday 21 December 2009

Xmas wall hangings

All of these wall hangings were made about 15 years ago. When I was putting them up this year, I remembered the fun of making them.
Waiting for Santa ... is my favorite and my first Christmas quilt. I designed the tree with folded paper and cuts. The stitched decorations on the tree were experimentation with a new machine. I added a bead to each of the little stars - so they twinkles as you walk by. The bears are fussy cut and appliqued with a little trapunto ... although I didn't know the term at the time.Silent night ... when the Angeles come out to play. The tree is a paper foundation. The appliqued figures were my addition.Snippets of Christmas. A fun workshop with friends.Teddy bears at play ... a log cabin version.
So ... may I wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Vivian -- I love your Christmas wall hangings. It is fun to look back..

I know what a talented person you are and I read your blog all the time.

Thanks for contacting me about my son. Merry Christmas, Shirley